We know that personal data is important to you, and we are strongly committed to protecting your personal information. We want you to trust us. MMI uses the data we collect to operate our business and provide you the products we offer, which includes using data to improve our products, our service, and personalise your experiences.
This privacy statement describes why and how we collect and use your personal data.
To find out more about our specific processing activities, please go to the relevant sections of this statement. If you have any questions, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via the postal address Rua José Pereira, nº 10, Urbanização Quinta do Segulim, 1685-635 Famões, Lisbon.
1. Who collects your personal data and who is responsible for processing your personal data?
The treatment of any personal data collected by MMI is the responsibility of the company itself, a commercial shareholding company, corporate person no. 513 057 250, with headquarters at Rua José Pereira, nº 10, Urbanização Quinta do Segulim 1685-635 Famões, Portugal.
2. What type of personal information do we collect about you?
Please be aware that you are not obliged to provide your personal information as solicited by MMI (you can, at any moment, make use of your right to opposition), but, by refusing to give your agreement, we may not be able to provide you access to our products and services. Specifically, it may prevent the processing of your order as well as other services provided by our site, such as the wish list use, or answer any query you may have.
MMI can collect your personal information in several ways, namely, when you subscribe to our newsletter, register as a client or supplier, open an account to buy our products, make a purchase, claim for drawback, contact our customer support team, make a reservation or request sewing services. Within these procedures we may ask for specific data such as your name, birthdate, address, invoice address, zip code area, country, phone number, tax id number, and credit card details.
For online or direct marketing purposes, MMI may ask you for additional personal data, such as your gender, and your children gender and birthdate.
To provide our online users with greater speed and to personalize our service, MMI will make use of a “browser” feature called “cookies”, which will allow MMI the ability to personalize your products, services and website according to your interests and necessities, thus allowing to streamline your future activities and your experience in MMI’s website. This way, it may be collected data relative to your IP address, device ID, location data, as well as information about the computer and type of connection such as browser ID and version, time zone, installed plug-ins, information on your operating system and purchase history. During your visit to our website MMI may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page. We may also collect technical information to identify your device ID related to fraud detection and prevention and diagnostic.
Furthermore, MMI also harvests your personal data through automatic systems. Automated decision making is the ability to make decisions exclusively with automatic means, without human involvement in the decision process regarding your personal data. For instance, MMI will make use of automatic system only when it’s necessary for data input or contract execution with the user, or upon having giving us explicit permission.
We do not use automatic decision-making, which significantly affects you. Otherwise, we will give you notice and inform you with clear and comprehensive information, if any automated decision is made and provide the proper legal basis.
In relation to other types of sensitive personal data, such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, workers unions’ affiliation, genetic data, biometric data to identify someone unequivocally, health data, sexual life and sexual orientation are classified under “special category data” and benefit of an additional protection on the basis of the Regulamento Geral de Proteção de Dados (“RGPD”). MMI will limit itself, to the greatest extent possible, the circumstances in which collects and processes these special category data, doing it only with explicit consent from the individual.
3. For what purposes and on what grounds are your personal data processed?
We collect and process your personal information in order to offer you our products and services in the best possible way; to create a smooth shopping experience in our shops and website; and to operate and maintain our websites and services effectively. We use the collected information for the following purposes:
- Orders: If you have ordered products or services from our website or physical stores, we may process your personal data for the purposes of processing your order(s) and payments. Track your order and deal with possible complaints. Warranty-related activities, such as activating the warranty, claims related to warranties and registering additional warranties for certain items;
- Send you our Newsletter should you wish so;
- Offering products, marketing and personalizing;
- Customer loyalty programs and other user accounts;
- Customer service;
- Detection, investigation and prevention of unlawful activities;
- Identifying users. (When contacted by phone, SMS, electronically or other means. Identifying you in any of our physical stores requires your name and postal address and possibly ID verification);
- Respond to your questions or suggestions;
- Contact you in order to participate in customer surveys in order to improve our services;
- Manage your participation to a sweepstake or a contest;
- Information and quality assurance;
- Improve the quality of your visit to our site;
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected;
We all so take on profile definition using information analysis about your online navigation preferences, research trends, purchasing habits and other information, through cluster analysis, organizing observed data into meaningful structures given your consent by, for instance, accepting cookies in your internet browser or subscribing to our newsletter with your email. You may exercise, at any time, your right not to receive future communications regarding services you requested, such as the Newsletter, the SMS, or other electronically communication.
Your personal data can also be used by MMI for internal reasons, mainly and namely for commercial and operational purposes.
When we collect and process your personal data, in the ways described in this Privacy statement or to other ends, you will be previously informed, or at the moment of data collection, in order to obtain your consent whenever and if deemed necessary to legitimate data processing.
Notwithstanding, in some cases, there are other uses as well that do not require your consent to use the information we collect. The uses for which we collect and store your information include:
- If we ask you to provide information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, this will normally be clear from the context in which we are asking you to provide your information (for example, personal data handling to provide the successful fulfil and delivery of a given order);
- To comply with our legal obligations;
- Where the processing is in our legitimate interests (provided that these aren’t overridden by your interests or rights), or if we otherwise have your consent. The legal bases on which we collect and use your personal information will only be in place if no other way, less intrusive, is available. If we collect and use your information in reliance with our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), it will be made clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are;
- To satisfy any laws or regulations that apply, namely in a judicial process;
- To prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities, and to enforce our Terms of Service;
In the event of wilful submission of information or data which are incorrect, false or relating to third parties, without the latter having given their consent, the user will be solely responsible for any unlawful use of said personal information as well as any harmful consequences as a result of such behaviour.
4. Protecting Personal Information - Data Security
MMI will implement reasonable and appropriate security measures to help protect the security of your personal information both online and offline and to ensure that your data is treated securely, and in accordance with this Privacy.
Policy, designed to protect the personal information in our custody or control from unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. Namely, the payment method selection, and the data associated to the process of ordering and paying for your goods, is handled through industry standard secure protocols and are appropriate in accordance with relevant Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance standards. We use the industry standard encryption software with the most advanced safety tools available.
It is important to note, however, that no method of transmission or storage via the internet is 100% secure, and thus we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of your Personal Data submitted via the Site. MMI and our service providers use a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your Personal Data. We take great care to ensure that your Personal Data is stored securely on our servers, and we follow the standards generally accepted in the industry to protect Personal Data submitted to us in full respect of the applicable law.
MMI will retain your personal data for only as long as is strictly necessary for the relevant purposes for which the data were collected.
Personal data collected and processed In the case of unregistered sales, online sales and order shipping, we will store User’s data related to your shopping, so that we can effectively fulfil the concluded contract. Thereafter, we will maintain your personal data for a 10-year period, in order to deal or reply to any complaints, issues or concerns related to the purchase.
Likewise, concerning direct and online marketing, mending and reservations, we will retain your personal data for a 2-year period after inactivity, in order to continue to improve your experience with us, give you feedback to any complaints, questions or any related issues with the contracted services, as well as any other justifiable reasons, namely the contract execution with you, always taking into account your best interests.
The identifiable data will be stored and kept only for the minimum period necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, thereupon appropriate measures will be taken to erase them definitely.
6. How will MMI share Personal Data it receives?
As stated above, MMI will share your personal data with third parties. MMI has partners with a variety of businesses and works closely with them to market or sell products or services such as: web hosting, processing your order(s) and payments, data analysis, postal services, and sponsors that participate and manage MMI promotions. Our partners are: Egoi, CodeDesign, PHC, Redicom, Prolepse, Chronopost, CTT, and a range of other service providers we could use, as needed, in the future. Although we only work with reputable third parties, our business partners may have different privacy policies and practices than MMI. We recommend that you examine the privacy statements for all third party websites to understand their procedures for collecting, using, and disclosing your information.
7. International data transfers
MMI will share personal data internally (within Portugal) with third parties as stated above.
The data collected will only be sent within the EEA (Economic European Area) to foreign countries when deemed necessary to follow your instructions, to comply with legal process, or to work with representatives or consultants who help us manage our businesses and services.
When transferring any Personal Data outside de EEA, MMI certifies that your data remains protected with the same degree of security in the EEA. For that purpose, we will apply the following safeguards:
- Transfer occurs to a non-EEA country with an adequate level of protection in every way similar to the legislation enforced in the EEA;
- Formation of a contract with a foreigner third party that requires same level of protection of personal data offered in the EEA;
- When transferring any Personal Data from the EEA, we adhere to the EUU.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce. MMI has certified that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles of notice, choice, and accountability for onward transfer, security, data integrity and purpose limitation, access, and recourse, enforcement and liability;
8. User Rights
As the holder of your personal data, a set of rights is conferred concerning your personal data and the way they are handled, being them the Right of opposition (You have the right to oppose, at any time, the processing of your personal data taking a particular situation into account in accordance with RGPD), the Right of Information ( That is, the right to be granted concise, clear, comprehensible and of easy access information, using plain and clear language , about the way we use your data and about your rights), the Right of Access (You have right, at any time, to access your personal information), the Right to Rectification (The right to request us to correct your personal information where it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date), the Right of Limitation (under certain circumstances, the data holder has the right to limit his personal data handling), the Right to Erasure ( under certain circumstances, to have your personal information erased, without undue delay) the Right to Data Portability (You have the right to data portability, which requires us to provide personal information to you or another controller in a commonly used, machine readable format, under certain circumstances).
The personal data holder also have the right to lodge a complaint with our lead supervisory authority (Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados | Rua de São Bento, n.º 148 – 3.º, 1200-821 Lisboa | Tel.: +351 213928400 | Fax: +351 213976832 | email: email@example.com) about the manner in which we handle your personal data, the right to withdraw consent (In which case, the consent withdraw does not forfeit the lawfulness of the data handling based on previous consent), as well as the right not to be subject to decisions based solely on automated decision making, which produce legal or significant effects for you.
9. How to contact us.